Honor the service and sacrifice of members of the United States Armed Services as well as the contribution of their spouses.
At Titanium, we are extremely grateful to the members of the U.S. Armed Services for their self-less devotion to our country. We have so much respect and admiration for their faithfulness in defending our freedom. In 1999, U.S. Congress designated May as National Military Appreciation Month which honors those on active duty in all branches of the services, the National Guard and Reserves, plus retirees, veterans, and their families.
The following are national military observances during May 2020:
- Loyalty Day: Friday, May 1, 2020
- Silver Star Service Banner Day: Friday, May 1, 2020
- Victory in Europe (V-E Day): Friday, May 8, 2020
- National Military Spouse Appreciation Day (on the Friday before Mother’s Day in May): Friday, May 8, 2020
- Armed Forces Day (third Saturday of May): Saturday, May 16, 2020.
- Memorial Day (last Monday of May): Monday, May 25, 2020
The National Moment of Remembrance encourages all Americans to pause, wherever they are, at 3:00 pm local time on Memorial Day for a minute of silence.
There are many ways to show gratitude for their service. A starting point is to read the Congressional resolution (please see the attached link). In addition, read about the various national observances to understand the history behind them.
When you meet a veteran or someone currently serving, thank them!